do not miss out on the latest news!
Responsible investing disclaimer
How do I become a DelfinGroup shareholder*?
1. Open a securities account in your bank or a Nasdaq-accredited intermediary.
2. Once the prospectus for the IPO has been approved by the Latvian FCMC and the subscription period has commenced reach out to your bank or Nasdaq accredited intermediary
3. Decide how many shares to buy and make an order through your broker/intermediary.
4. You are now a stock investor and DelfinGroup’s shareholder.
5. Take part in DelfinGroup’s growth, receive dividends or trade DelfinGroup’s shares.
*Subject to the DelfinGroup initial public offering being approved by Nasdaq and Latvian Financial and Capital Market Commission.
How will I earn returns?
By becoming a shareholder of DelfinGroup, it is possible to earn through capital appreciation when the share price on the stock exchange increases, or by receiving a part of the company’s profit in accordance with DelfinGroup’s Dividend policy. That said, it is important to remember that share prices may fluctuate over time and dividend decisions are made by the general meeting of shareholders.
What are dividends?
A dividend is the distribution of a portion of a company’s earnings to its shareholders, as determined by the company’s Dividend policy and the comany shareholders' decision.
What are shares?
Shares are units of equity ownership interest in a corporation that exist as a financial asset, providing for an equal distribution in any residual profits in the form of dividends.
What is an Initial Public Offering (IPO)?
An initial public offering (IPO) is the process of offering shares of a private company to the public.
What is a securities account?
A securities account is a type of financial account for depositing securities and for making payments pertaining to securities transactions. A list of Nasdaq accredited intermediaries can be found here.
What is a stock exchange?
A stock exchange is a part of the financial market where securities can be bought and sold on the basis of demand and supply. The stock exchange DelfinGroup AS has been cooperating with regarding bond issues and the potential IPO is Nasdaq Baltic.
What will impact the share price of DelfinGroup?
Share prices in the stock exchange are determined by supply and demand. For example, if more people would like to buy a share (demand) than sell it (supply), the price would increase. However, if more people would like to sell a share than buy it, supply would exceed demand and prices would go down. The price can be affected by such internal factors as the company's visibility, stability, dividend payments, or other changes to the company. Also, the impact can come from such external influences as economic factors, industry trends, unexpected events like a pandemic, and general market sentiment.
When will DelfinGroup shares be listed on the stock exchange?
DelfinGroup plans to go public via an initial public offering (IPO) in the fall of 2021. To follow DelfinGroup news and find out more about the timing of this event, subscribe to our newsletter.
Who oversees the financial markets?
The Baltic securities market is supervised by the local financial supervisory authorities, whose purpose is to protect and promote the stability and reliability of the entire financial sector.
In Estonia: The Financial Supervision and Resolution Authority - Finantsinspektsioon
In Latvia: The Financial and Capital Market Commission - FKTK
In Lithuania: The Bank of Lithuania – Lietuvos Bankas
What is responsible investing?
Follow these 5 rules to invest responsibly:
1. Acknowledge that higher return goes hand in hand with higher risk;
2. Investing, like any other activity, requires knowledge, experience, and in-depth research. Never invest in anything you do not understand;
3. One of the most important risk minimization measures is diversification. Build your portfolio in a way to minimize your exposure to country or industry specific risks;
4. Do not risk more than you can afford to lose;
5. Responsible investment continues even after the purchase of securities. Follow the company's published information and reports, analyse changes in the markets and make informed decisions!
Capital market advisor